Mental Health and Wellbeing at Work
We champion reducing the distress caused by mental health through the delivery of our counselling and training provision.
- 1 in 5 people take a day off work due to stress
- 1 in 10 people have resigned from a job due to stress; 1 in 4 have thought about it
- 19% of staff feel they can’t speak to managers about stress at work
- 25% of people surveyed considered resigning due to stress
We offer a wide range of mental health workshops and webinars which can help employers work towards change and how they think and act about mental health and wellbeing in the workplace. Learn how to offer support to staff by equipping them to handle difficult conversations with listening and reflecting skills and providing practical information such as where to signpost to.
Written by clinical experts, these interactive and in-depth sessions are designed to educate and create a confidential space for engaging discussion. Our range of topics is ever-growing and can be written based on what your organisation needs and what the management want to improve. Some examples of workshops we regularly deliver are:
- First Aid for Mental Health
- Understanding Anxiety and Depression
- Money and Mental Health
Through our specialised training, expect to:
- Learn about the most common mental health disorders that can occur in the workplace including stress, anxiety, depression and trauma.
- Understand the differences between these disorders, how neuroscience can help us make sense of them and what they look like in reality.
- Work on building resilience and confidence to handle mental health issues in the workplace.
- Discover how to spot the signs of trouble, early and later interventions available.
- Develop active listening skills, become aware of body language and learn how to create a safe space for staff that want to disclose to you.
- Participate in experiential role play to fully understand possible perspectives when having important discussions.
Live Webinars and Podcasts
As an alternative to workshops, and for those that cannot take time out of the office, we offer live webinars and pre-recorded podcasts for businesses, covering a variety of contents, to help staff build an understanding of, and grow confidence surrounding mental health issues.
Workplace Wellbeing Services
The Foundation offers ad hoc referrals for workplace counselling which are especially helpful following critical incidents, workplace trauma, performance issues and personal concerns that impact on employees’ wellbeing.
We also partner with local organisations in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire offering an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to help reduce workplace stress and improve wellbeing through the provision of short term professional counselling for employees in any one of our five Centres:
- Short term confidential counselling (eight weekly sessions)
- Fifty minute sessions delivered by qualified counsellors
- Sessions are charged at £55 per session per employee
- Employees are provided with a confidential feedback form
We can also provide leaflets and information for employees should they wish to self-refer into our open-ended (long-term) counselling service at their own cost.
“I have felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It was great to talk about the problems happening in my life. The help I have received has helped me very much.”
If you have any queries or would like more information please contact us.
01727 86 85 85 (ext.105) | email@example.com