We would like to thank all who contribute to supporting our service provision. Without your support, we would not be able to keep our service running. Current supporters include:
- Amped Audio Services
- Barratt David Wilson Homes
- Bedford & Luton Community Foundation
- Bedford Park Rotary Club
- Co-op Community Matters
- Ed Buckley
- Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce
- Hertfordshire Community Fund (HCF)
- Megan’s at the Old Bell, St Albans
- Office of Police and Crime Commissioner – Bedfordshire (OPCC Bedfordshire for VoC)
- St Albans City & District Council
- Yogi Design
Our ambassadors represent us in the Community and/or provide a significant amount of their time voluntarily to support the Foundation. Our current ambassadors are:
- Emma Branch
- Kevin Doyle: Ambassador for Digital Enablement of Services
Whether you are challenging yourself to doing your first 5km run, undertaking your first marathon, hosting a coffee morning, supporting us while you shop, making a personal donation or you are a business who would like to make us your ‘Charity of the Year’, there are all sorts of ways that you could fundraise for us to help support the provision of mental health services and training for those who might otherwise not be able to access support.
Your amazing support is critical to the continuation of the service we provide to our communities. Donations you make go towards both our counselling services and contributing to equality of access to training for our marginalised communities.
You can choose to make a one-off donation or commit to monthly giving. Every pound makes a difference to our clients. Please get in touch if you would like to fundraise for us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
“I am now able to discuss my feelings and emotions with my counsellor and my close friends and have, to a large extent, stopped burying uncomfortable feelings and memories”
“I am able to be less anxious in stressful situations”.
Ed Buckley’s Parkrun17 Challenge
Many thanks and huge congratulations to Ed Buckley for fundraising for The Counselling Foundation and completing the Parkrun17 challenge, consisting of 17 different Parkrun courses in a single day (85km – a double marathon) and cycling between each (>100km).
He accomplished all of this in 12hrs26min!
Thank you to all who contributed to the donations, which enabled the fundraiser to surpass its initial goal of £2,000 and further to over £6,000!
All proceeds will go to helping those struggling with their mental health. This money will change lives and potentially save a life.
There are a number of ways you can support us whilst you shop
Register below for Easyfundraising to donate as you shop. Next time you want to buy something online, log onto Easyfundraising and click on the retailer you want to shop with. You will then be taken to the retailer’s website where you can shop as normal and the retailer will make a donation to The Counselling Foundation. With over 7,500 registered retail partners, it’s an effortless way to support us.
If you are having a clear out, you can sell your unwanted items on eBay and donate the funds to us. You can do this by selecting us as your favourite charity by signing in and selecting “add to My favourites” on our eBay for Charity homepage. This allows you the option to donate to us every time you check out on eBay.
Or become a community seller where you can donate 10 – 100 % of sales proceeds to The Counselling Foundation.
We are a unique organisation dedicated to providing therapy and training. There are many ways you can get involved with us.
The benefits of working with us are:
- Opportunities for continued learning and development including discounted Continuing Personal Development courses.
- Flexible working
- 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays, pro rata plus any additional days that the Foundation is closed between Christmas and New Year
- Membership of a contributory pension scheme for employees (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria including minimum monthly pay)
- Membership of our employee assistance scheme (subject to minimum weekly hours)
- Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Entitlement to occupational sick pay after one year continual employment