The Counselling Foundation are delighted to support ‘Spot the Signs’ campaign
This is an initiative delivered by Mind in Mid Herts in partnership with Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) and Hertfordshire Mind Network. A suicide prevention campaign, helping to remove the stigma of talking openly about suicide, providing training courses and signposting to mental health services across Hertfordshire.
Their vision is to make Hertfordshire a county where no one ever gets to a point where they feel suicide is their only option.
- Increase public awareness of depression and suicide and remove the stigma linked with suicide
- Provide suicide prevention training to GPs, healthcare providers and the voluntary sector in Hertfordshire
- Work with companies to create safer workplaces
- Signpost to mental health services available in Hertfordshire
Suicide is the leading cause of death among young people aged 20-34 years in the UK. There are nearly four times as many men dying as a result of suicide compared to women according to The Mental Health Foundation. Talking about suicide and understanding it better is necessary to help prevent further suicides.
The Counselling Foundation are listed on the Spot the Signs Campaign page on ‘Help for Others’.
Through affordable counselling in Hertfordshire the Foundation offer therapy through counselling and can help anyone who may be feeling overwhelmed to overcome fears or insecurities.
Counselling can also help to:-
- Cope with stress
- Make sense of past traumatic experiences
- Separate your true personality from the mood swings caused by your illness
- Identify triggers that may worsen your symptoms
- Improve relationships with family and friends
- Develop a plan for coping with crisis
- Understand why things bother you and what you can do about them
The Samaritans’ helpline is available round the clock and can be contacted by phone 116 1263. This number is FREE to call. You don’t have to be suicidal to call.
Tags: counselling, depression