Short-term Contract Administrator, Luton
Working a total of 15 hours within core office hours (9.00 to 16.00). This can be over 3 days.
£10.50 per hour
About the Role
We are seeking a part-time administrator for our thriving Luton centre. This is an opportunity to work independently in a friendly centre and interact with counsellors and clients. The hours are flexible by mutual agreement under a family friendly policy. The successful candidate will be supported with client facing skills and be offered a place on our popular Introduction to Counselling course. In addition, there is a monthly supervision group run by a clinical manager for all the team for additional support.
The Counselling Foundation is a modern charity with a well-established reputation in the field of counselling and psychotherapy for over 40 years. Our mission is to deliver affordable psychological therapy, to train psychotherapists and provide services to organisations and the NHS.
We are an organisational member of BACP and our training courses are accredited and validated by BACP. All staff, honoraries, volunteers and therapists in training are thus accountable to the ethical requirements of these organisations and to their complaints procedures.
There are 3 strands to the services we provide:
- Provision of charitable subsidised counselling
- Provision of short-term work to NHS clients, EAP clients and other contracts
- Counselling Training programmes including short personal development courses
The Counselling Foundation is proud of our welcoming culture and commitment to client care. We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity throughout the organisation and encourage diversity and difference.
Responsible to: Contracts Manager
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
To be the first point of contact for client and counsellor enquiries and provide general administrative support in Luton.
- Handling client applications from first contact/referral to allocation
- Handling phone calls, messages and emails from clients and external partner organisations
- Keeping accurate paper and/or digital records of referral and treatment outcome information and other relevant information reporting data
- Organisation and filing of clinical data following completion of treatment
- Working alongside the Contract Manager to provide regular reporting data in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring that any issues, complaints, feedback (etc) are conveyed to line manager
- Liaising with the area counselling teams to co-ordinate allocation
- Liaising with external organisations and venues
- Processing of counsellor monthly invoices and contract treatment invoices
- Upload of administrative, clinical and finance information onto relevant IT systems/databases
- Reporting of risk as per our risk management and internal policies and procedures
- Following all necessary admin procedures in accordance with GDPR and our internal policy
- Occasional minute taking
- Occasional admin cover for Bedfordshire area administrator
- Other duties as could reasonably be required or expected from the Executive Team
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel applications
- Experience in a similar role is desirable and demonstrable skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Motivated and able to work independently
- Capacity to deal with and manage sensitive and confidential information in a discreet manner
- Empathy with mental health
- Able to prioritise workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Driving licence and own car an advantage