Counsellor | Part time |Remote and in-person working
We are excited to be recruiting to continue to grow our counselling for depression service across the Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire area. Access the full job description here.
– a copy of your CV
– a Supporting Statement (please include your reasons for applying and highlight your particular strengths that you could bring to the Foundation).
Foundation Certificate Personal Development Group Facilitator | January 2022 – June 2022 | Tuesday Evenings from 8pm – 9:30pm in St Albans
The role of Group Facilitator is to conduct groups that are experiential in nature usually consisting of 8 – 12 students. The purpose of the experiential group is to explore what is of concern to individual members and the group in the here and now, in a manner that is appropriate and educational for students on the Foundation Certificate Course. The group session lasts for 1.5 hours per week on Tuesdays from 8 pm to 9:30 pm at our training centre in St Albans.
Group Facilitators are required to be qualified and/or experienced group-analytic psychotherapists registered or working towards UKCP, IGA qualification or equivalent. The applicant must have experience of conducting groups, preferably in a variety of settings and understand the similarities and differences between experiential groups and therapy groups. Successful candidates will understand how group dynamics contribute to the training of students on the Foundation Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills and Theory Course. The applicant must know how the experiential groups fit into the overall training on counselling skills as well as be familiar with the course learning outcomes.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Charlotte.Usher@counsellingfoundation.org
Supervisor – Immediate
We are looking for part-time supervisors to join our team to run groups of up to four trainees for our BACP accredited Diploma and Advanced Diploma course. The Foundation delivers counselling training in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire using the psychodynamic model. Trainees will typically be on an internal placement with the Foundation.
Relevant experience and qualifications:
- A professional training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy, or psychodynamic counselling and in addition Supervision training to Diploma level.
- Evidence of extensive practice showing a sound and integrated psychodynamic foundation.
- A minimum of 3 years’ personal psychodynamically, or psychoanalytically oriented counselling/therapy.
- The ability to hold and manage a group of up to four counsellors, with group work skills.
- The ability to maintain boundaries between supervision, management, teaching and personal development.
For more details, a Job Description and further information, please contact the Clinical Director, Jo firstname.lastname@example.org with “Supervisor ” in the subject line
Additional tutor and training roles:
We offer seminar tutor and experiential group leader roles in line with the academic year on our psychodynamic training courses. If you are interested in these or in leading short courses and workshops, please send your CV to email@example.com with “Training” and your preferred role in the subject line.
The Counselling Foundation is committed to promoting equality of opportunity throughout the organisation and encourages diversity.