The Counselling Foundation has been providing counselling and training services since 1974. We provide counselling for around 400 clients every week at our centres across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and via remote platforms. Alongside our counselling service, we provide training and professional courses for approximately 400 people every year.
Both our training and our clinical services are accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and we have a reputation for high academic and professional standards.
We believe that well-trained counsellors can support individuals to safely explore their feelings, beliefs, thoughts and behaviours, including their cultural and personal histories. We believe that talking in a safe environment can bring understanding and relief to psychological and emotional suffering
To be the preferred provider of Accredited Counselling and Training services in our communities. We contribute to achieving this through:
- Robust and accredited education and training in the practice of therapeutic counselling
- Using our skills to provide relief from mental suffering or emotional challenges by the provision of therapeutic counselling and
- Using our voice to promote better mental health and psychological well-being
Our values guide our day to day behaviours, the decisions we make and how we interact with each other and our clients. Our values are:
- Respect and appreciation for individuals’ differences and diversity
- Remaining focused on relationships through everything that we do
- Acting with integrity and ensuring decisions are taken based on facts
- Retaining a curiosity for new experiences
- Developing courage through thinking and acting boldly
- Continuously striving to make our education and services accessible to all
- Building a culture of openness and honesty where it is encouraged to take safe risks to achieve our aspirations
- Holding our ethical framework central to all our work
The Counselling Foundation celebrates difference and thrives with variety and multiple voices. We welcome all to help us grow and learn. We recognise it is essential to embed the values around diversity and difference in everything we do and to remain open to learning to ensure that the counselling profession and the service we deliver to our clients remain relevant.