The Counselling Foundation has been providing counselling and training services since 1974. We provide counselling for around 400 clients every week at our centres across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and via remote platforms. Alongside our counselling service, we provide training and professional courses for approximately 200 people every year.
Both our training and our clinical services are accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and we have a reputation for high academic and professional standards.
We believe that well-trained counsellors can support individuals to safely explore their feelings, beliefs, thoughts and behaviours, including their cultural and personal histories. We believe that talking in a safe environment can bring understanding and relief to psychological and emotional suffering
To be the preferred provider of Accredited Counselling and Training services in our Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire communities.
- To develop well trained, and accredited counsellors
- To deliver BACP approved Counselling and Training
- Maintain our reputation for accessible, safe, ethical, quality counselling
- Respect and appreciation for individuals’ differences and diversity
- Remaining focused on relationships through everything that we do
- Acting with integrity and ensuring decisions are taken based on facts
- Continuously striving to make our education and services accessible to all
- Building a culture of openness and honesty where it is encouraged to take considered risks to achieve our aspirations
- Holding our ethical framework central to all our work
The Counselling Foundation celebrates difference and thrives with variety and multiple voices. We welcome all to help us grow and learn. We recognise it is essential to embed the values around diversity and difference in everything we do and to remain open to learning to ensure that the counselling profession and the service we deliver to our clients remain relevant.